Thursday 3 November 2011

Jailed Mohammad Amir blames PCB for lack of education


"I was not given enough information about the anti-corruption code by the PCB," Amir told Geo News Channel in London shortly after having his bail application rejected.
The 19-year old criticised his former captain Salman Butt and team mate Mohammad Asif, also both jailed on Thursday for their involvement in spot-fixing, for slandering him during the trial.
"They tried to rubbish my reputation and name during the trial and when the time comes I will reveal everything about this case," Amir said.
"I am really sorry for what has happened and I regret what I have done. I apologise to the Pakistani people for my actions," Amir added.
"I never realised what I was getting into," he said. "If at that time I had known it was going to end this way I would have stayed clear. I got carried away and it was the biggest mistake of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment